Having initially confirmed that Burnt Mill would remain open over the Summer period, we were advised on Monday 25th June that due to the continued building works on site the pool would close from week commencing Monday 9th July and would reopen on week commencing Monday 3rd September.
Since being advised, we have contacted Stewards pool to see if they could provide any pool time we could use. They have confirmed we are able to hire their pool which is great news, however there are some restrictions on the time available.
Stewards Sunday morning sessions – will run as normal from 9:30-11:45 except for:
- Sunday 12th August due to building works at Stewards.
- Sunday 26th August which is Bank Holiday weekend.
BM – Tuesday & Thursday sessions – these sessions will be transferred to Stewards for the summer period, however due to Stewards existing bookings and building works, there are no sessions on:
- Tuesday 10th and 17th July and Tuesday 14th August
- Thursday 12th and 19th July and Thursday 9th and 16th August.
Session Times – due to Stewards having existing bookings, please note all sessions will commence 45 minutes earlier. Details of revised times are as follows, please follow the link to see a full timetable for each squad:
- Tuesday 4:45pm Swim School classes will be 4:00 – 4:30
- Thursday 4:45 Swim School classes will be 4:00 – 4:30
- Thursday 5:15 Swim School classes will be 4:30 – 5:00
- Summer Schedule – Academy B (Tu) – Tuesday session will be 4:30 – 5:15
- Summer Schedule – Development B – Tuesday session will be 5:15 – 6:00
- Summer Schedule – Academy A – Tuesday session will be 6:00 – 7:00
- Summer Schedule – Academy B (Th) – Thursday session will be 5:00 – 5:45
- Summer Schedule – Development A – Thursday session will be 5:45 – 7:00
We recognise that these arrangements may not be ideal but the alternative was to simply cancel all sessions over the summer period, however in terms of the continued development of the swimmers, we felt it important to maintain as many sessions as we could.
A full timetable of the changes are detailed in the attached file: