Over the summer holiday period the Club will operate a Summer Training Programme. This will take account of the closure of Burnt Mill Pool and a reduction in some of the sessions offered.
Details are as follows:
Burnt Mill – Transfer to Stewards
Burnt Mill Pool will close over the summer period, the last session will be Thursday 19th July. Replacement sessions will be held at Stewards Pool, please note the following:
- All Tuesday Sessions will transfer to Stewards from Tuesday 30th July, session start/finish times will be exactly the same, however due to existing bookings there will be no swimming on Tuesday 23rd July.
- All Thursday sessions will be transferred to Stewards for the summer period commencing Thursday 25th July. Due to an existing Stewards booking, please note all sessions will start and end 30 minutes earlier. Whilst these arrangements may not be ideal, the alternative was to simply cancel all sessions over the summer period, however in terms of the continued development of the swimmers, we felt it important to maintain as many sessions as we could.
- Summer shutdown week – as in previous years, please note there is no swimming from Friday 23rd August until Sunday 1st September, sessions will recommence on Monday 2nd September.
- All sessions will revert to Burnt Mill at the normal times from Monday 10th September.
- Penguins Swim School have already been advised by e-mail of the changes to their times/venues.
Please note the following:
- The last Morning Sessions (this includes the Sunday morning 8:30-10:30 session) over the summer period will be Thursday 1st August, mornings will restart as normal on Monday 2nd September.
- Summer shutdown week – as in previous years, please note there is no swimming from Friday 23rd August until Sunday 1st September inc.
- Full training schedule, i.e. all sessions will recommence on Monday 2nd September.
Calendar detailing dates/venues etc. is attached: