Weekend of 1st -3rd November, 10 of the Club’s swimmers were competing in the Swim England East Region Short Course Championships at Basildon.
Full results service is available: Results
Friday 1st Nov – Session 1
Friday evening, Daniel Monk starts the ball rolling in the 1500m Free, finishing 20th in a time of 17:46.10.
Saturday 2nd Nov – Session 2 & 3
Well done to:
- Carys Brealey – 100m Free & 200m Backstroke
- Celeste Andrew – 50m Backstroke, 100m Freestyle 50m Butterfly & 200m Backstroke
- Ethan Peirce – 50m Freestyle (PB 25.56) & 50m Butterfly
- Jack Mansfield – 100m Breaststroke
- Lauren Nelson – 200m Butterfly & 50m Butterfly
- Phoebe White – 100m Freestyle (1:01.00 PB)
- Ralph Davies – 50m Freestyle, 100m Backstroke & 50m Butterfly
Day 2 – Finals – Session 4 – Congratulations to Georgie Pryor making finals in all 3 of her races today.
- 1st – 50m Fly 🥇 (27.67 Heat time qualifies George for the Swim England National SC Champs)
- 3rd – 50m Backstroke 🥉 (29.17)
- 4th – 100m Freestyle 4️⃣ (58.22)
Sunday 3rd Nov – Session 5 & 6
Great swimming from:
- Carys Brealey – 200 IM, 400m Free (new 3 sec PB – 4:35.61) 200m Free
- Celeste Andrew – 100m Backstroke & 50m Freestyle
- Tyler Jackson – 50m Back & 200m Breast
- Ethan Peirce – 100m Butterfly
- Jack Mansfield – 200m & 50m Breaststroke
- Lauren Nelson – 50m Free & 100m Butterfly
- Daniel Monk – 400IM (A massive 5 sec PB 5:02.25)
- Phoebe White – 200m Freestyle (2:10.47, new PB)
- Ralph Davies – 50m Backstroke (new PB – 27.87), 100m Butterfly, 100m Free and 50m Breast (new PB 27.87)
Day 3 – Finals – Session 7 – Georgie Pryor continued making finals in all her races.
- 1st – 100m Fly (60.96 – a further Swim England National SC Champs qualifying time)
- 6th – 100m Backstroke (Heats – 1:03.19)
- 8th – 50m Freestyle (26.97)
There is no doubt that Georgie Pryors times were outstanding, 2 Regional titles but also times that will qualify her for the Swim England National SC Championships and will also get her into the Olympic Trials in April 2020.
That said there were some outstanding swims and new PB’s for Phoebe White, Carys Brealey, Ralph Davies, Daniel Monk & Ethan Peirce.