As a Swim England affiliated club, we follow the their Learn to Swim Framework , the all-inclusive programme which takes the non swimmer from his or her first splash to developing confidence and competence in the water.
Produced by Swim England to assist and support the delivery of swimming lessons, we feel it’s the best way to teach children to swim. It has been developed to use fun and games to take children from their first splash to full competence in the water.
Within Penguins Swim School, we have classes catering for Stage 1 to Stage 5 level swimmers, swimmers groups in the pool can be clearly identified by their colour hats, as detailed below. Full details of each stage can be viewed using the relevant links.
Stage 6 and upward swimmers are managed within our Academy
Stage 1 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework – Yellow Hats
- In Stage 1 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework your pupil should will develop basic movement skills, water confidence and safety awareness. Don’t forget the swimmers will be able to use aids e.g. floats to help complete this stage.
Stage 2 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework – White Hats
- During Stage 2 swimmers will develop safe entries to the water and will continue to practice floating, travel and rotation in the water. Remember swimmers can still use aids e.g. floats to help complete this stage.
Stage 3 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework – Green Hats
- During Stage 3, your pupils work towards being able to swim 10m on their front and back and will be able to swim underwater to collect objects from the bottom of the pool. Rotation skills and water safety knowledge will also be developed.
- In Stage 4 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework, swimmers will focus on refining kicking techniques for all four strokes and develop a better understanding of buoyancy.
- In Stage 5 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework, your swimmers will focus on swimming all four strokes to the Swim England expected standards. Swimmers will also develop skills in sculling, treading water and complete rotation.
Swimmers will be continuously assessed and awards will be presented as they reach the required standard. It should be noted that all children progress at different rates & may stay in certain stage groups for a few courses, especially where there is a lot of technique to achieve.